Geddes Scholarship: – The Sanskriti Foundation invites eligible applicants for its annual Geddes Scholarship for the study of the methodology and principles of Geddes town planning from students of planning and architecture/young professionals. Sanskrit foundation has also expanded the scope by including other institutions like schools who would be interested in sensitizing school children at a time when they are reading social science and history.
The objective of the Scheme: – The objective of the Geddes Scholarship is to promote and advance interest in and understand the Geddes’s principle of town planning. The purpose of offering this scholarship is to create awareness among young planners and young architects of Geddes’ principle of ‘place, work, and folk’.
|Organization||Sanskriti Foundation Delhi|
|Name of the Scholarship||Geddes Scholarship|
|The amount of the Scholarship||Rs. 45,000 (will be given in two phase)|
|Date of application submission||Throughout the Year|
- Applicants must be an Indian Nationals and in the group of 20 to 30.
- Applicants should be a student’s of planning and architecture at a graduate/postgraduate/research level from a recognized university or institution.
- The applicant can be a young practising Professional.
- The applicant can be an Individual or collaborative work of a group of individuals.
- Duration of the scholarship will be for six months.
- The scholarship of Rs. 45,000 will be given to the eligible candidates in two phases, the first instalment at the commencement of the scholarship and the second instalments will be given at the time of project submission.
- Three months after the commencement of the work an interim report should be submitted to the coordinator. The report will be circulated to the Committee who may offer comments to the researcher to consider. The final report, when submitted, will also be reviewed by the committee and any changes required can be incorporated.
- On the successful completion of the study, the candidate may be invited to present the findings in a seminar in Delhi.
- During the scholarship period candidate should not hold any other scholarship or any project.
- Interested candidates should send a two-page CV. The Full postal and telephonic contact details together with E-mail id should be submitted to facilitate contact.
- The proposal should not merely be a compilation of reports but should contain a well-researched proposal which would advance the application of the Geddes ideas, a plan of action including field visits and the availability of archival material relevant to that study. A bibliography of the reports, websites browsed should accompany the proposal.
- The proposal can also focus on a section of the city/mohalla. The applicant has to expose the methodology of the diagnostic survey and conservative surgery as a visible strategic option for the renewal of cities in India.
- Priority will be given to such proposals which trace and advances the relevance of Geddes’ ideas and work the project proposal should be written in 1500 words with reference to the specific city /section/mohalla.
- Along with all names and contact addresses/telephones of two referees should also be sent.
- The title of application envelope should be ‘Sanskriti – Geddes Scholarship’ if sent by post on head office address
- The subject line if e-mailed on firstname.lastname@example.org
C-11, Qutab Institutional Area
New Delhi-110 016
Phones: 91 11 2696 3226, 2652 7077
Fax: 91 11 2685 3383
NOTE: – This web page is totally dedicated to the Geddes Scholarship. You can bookmark this webpage to get more information.