Japan Scholarship Program (JSP):- The Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Program offers about 300 postgraduate scholarships for studies in economics, science, management and technology and another development-related field. The Asian Development Bank–Japan Scholarship Program invites qualified citizens of developing member’s countries of the Asian Development Bank. The ADB- Japan Scholarship Program enrolls about 300 students annually in academic institutions located in ten countries with the Region. After that the scholars can use their study programs, to contribute to the economic and social development of their home countries.
The Japan Scholarship Program provides full tuition fees, housing, books, a monthly allowance for expenses and medical insurance instructional materials and travel. Special grant may be available for scholars engaged in research. In some circumstances, preparatory language, computer literacy, and other similar courses may be covered under the scholarship.
|Level of Education||Postgraduate (masters)|
|Duration||1 to 2 years|
|Coverage||Subsistence allowance (including housing), Tuition fees, books, economy airfare, medical insurance, and research subsidy|
|AGE||Not more than 35 years|
The scholarship is only for those candidates who have to get admission to an approved MA/Ph.D. course at a participating academic institution. There are many other eligibility criteria required for Japan Scholarship Program (JSP) which is below:-
- Candidate should be a citizen of an ADB developing member country
- Should have at least 2-year experience
- Have get admission to an approved course in a designated institution
- Should be a capable in oral and written English communication skills
- Should be in good health, with a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent
- The candidate has a superior academic record.
- Not more than 35 years at the time of application
- ADB staff and the designated institutions and their close relatives are not eligible to apply
Australia—Australian National University (Crawford School of Economics and Government), University of Sydney, University of Melbourne, China, People’s Republic of—University of Hong Kong
India—Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
Japan—Hitotsubashi University,Keio University (Graduate School of Economics, International University of Japan, Graduate School of System Design and Management, and International Graduate Programs on Advanced Science and Technology); Kobe University; Nagoya University (Graduate School of International Development); Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific University;Kyushu University; Ritsumeikan University (Graduate School of Economics); Saitama University (Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering); National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies; Tokyo Institute of Technology; University;Graduate School of Public Policy, Institute of Environmental Studies, and School of International Health); of Tokyo (Department of Civil Engineering, Department of Urban Engineering, University of Tsukuba
Philippines—Asian Institute of Management; Los Baños, International Rice Research Institute/University of the Philippines,
New Zealand—University of Auckland Q Pakistan—Lahore University of Management Sciences
Singapore— National University of Singapore; Nanyang Technological University (Nanyang Business School)
Thailand— Thammasat University Q USA—East–West Center/University of Hawaii, Asian Institute of Technology
- Candidates should obtain an application form from the designated institution of their choice and fill the application form duly.
- After that submit the completed application form along with the required documents to the institution
- Candidates should indicate on the application form that they wish to be considered for an ADB-JSP scholarship.
- Candidates should collect application forms from the chosen partner institution
- Candidates should submit all the required documents for application including ADB-JSP information sheet
- Send documents to institution
- Institution Judges and decides on admission and applicant
- After that, Institution will send shortlist of candidates to ADB
- The Asian Development Bank review submission from institutions
- The Asian Development Bank (ADB) recommends awardees based on its selection criteria to the Japanese executive director for approval
- After that Asian Development Bank/Japan Scholarship Program selects scholars and informs institution
- Institution informs all scholars
ASIAN DEVELOPMENT BANK
6 ADB Avenue, Mandaluyong City
1550 Metro Manila Philippines
Official Website: – www.adb.org
ADB–Japan Scholarship Program
Office of Cofinancing Operations For inquiries: http://www.adb.org/forms/request-information-form Fax: +63 2 636 4444; +63 2 636 2456
NOTE: – This web page is totally dedicated to the Japan Scholarship Program (JSP). Bookmark marks this web page to get more information.