KVPY/ Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana Scholarship 2017: The Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY) is an on-going National curriculum of companionship in Basic Sciences, inserted and funded by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India, to attract particularly highly motivated students to pursue basic science courses and research career in science. The purpose of the program is to identify students with talent and aptitude for research; help them know their academic potential; inspire them to take up research careers in Science, and insure the growth of the best scientific minds for research and development in the country.
Important Dates for KVPY 2017
- Online application will commence from- 2nd week of July 2017(Expected).
- Closing date of KVPY online application- 2nd week of August 2017(Expected)
- Last date of form submission- Last week of August 2017(Expected)
- Examination date for KVPY 2017- 1st week of November 2017(Expected)
- Result of written exam KVPY 2017- December 2017(Expected)
Details for KVPY 2017 Examination
- KVPY 2017 examination will be conducted in online mode only.
- KVPY 2017 application form will be submitted online only on KVPY website.
- The last date to fill KVPY 2017 application form is end of August 2017.
- General & OBC Category – Rs. 1050/- (with application processing fee)
- SC,ST&PwD Category- Rs. 528/-
- The fee is payable in online mode (Net Banking/Credit Card/Debit Card) or offline (Challan) mode.
Eligibility Criteria for KVPY 2017
- Applicants have to fulfill the provided KVPY registration Eligibility Criteria
- Applicants should be an Indian citizen.
- Applicants must be passed class X Board Examination with Science & Mathematics subjects for Streams SA. They have to get minimum 80% marks (70% marks for SC, ST&PwD) in total.
- For Stream SB, applicants have to complete X & XII examination with Science subjects. They have to obtain at least 60% marks (50% for SC/ST/PWD) in total in Science subjects.
- Applicants have to qualify 10+2 or 1st-year final examination of UG courses with Physics/Chemistry/Biology/Mathematics for Stream SX. They have to secure minimum 60% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PWD category).
How to Fill KVPY 2017 Application Form
Before applying for KVPY 2017 registration, candidates are needed to ready with the provided details & documents:
- Valid Email ID & Mobile Number
- Scanned photograph, signature & Caste Certificate (if applicable) in a JPEG Format.
- The photograph Size should be not more than 80 KB.
- Details of Qualification.
- Details of Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
Procedure to Apply
Follow the given easy steps below to apply for KVPY examination.
- First of all, visit the official portal.
- The official website is www.kvpy.iisc.ernet.in
- Now, click on the given link “Candidates Login”.
- Then, click on the link “Click here for Registration”.
- Enter all the basic & personal details.
- Applicants will get “User ID” & “Password” after registration.
- Login with their User ID & Password.
- Fill up their all personal details & academic details.
- Now, upload Scanned Documents in provided format.
- Then, submit the application form.
- Now, applicants have to pay the application fee.
- Take the printout of the KVPY application for future reference.
Note: This webpage is dedicated to KVPY. To get more information and latest details of this you can bookmark this page.