Pragati Scholarship 2017-18: Pragati is an AICTE scheme that supports girls from low-income families to attain their dream of collecting technical education. Eligible candidates can apply online before the last date. Candidates for Pragati Scholarship 2017 are finalised on the basis of merit in the qualifying exam for pursuing technical education. Selected students receive scholarship money to pay their annual tuition fee. Hostel Expenses are too covered under contingency plan for eligible candidates. The AICTE Pragati Saksham scholarship amount is directly transferred to the bank account of the student. The applicants are advised to visit the online resources usually to check for further updates and announcement of scholarship list.
Name of Organization: All India Council for Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi.
Name of Scholarship: Pragati Scholarship for Girl Students
Total no. of Scholarship: 4000 per year
Reservations: SC – 15%, ST – 7.5%, OBC – 27%
Amount of Scholarship: Rs 30,000/- per year or Annual tuition fees + Hostel Fees
- Last date to apply for Pragati Scholarship: 30th January 2017
Pragati Scholarship 2017 Eligibility Criteria
- The following eligibility criteria are given below for girl students seeking to avail the Pragati Scholarship 2017 –
- The candidate should be a girl and only one girl in a family is eligible for this scholarship.
- The annual income of the girl’s family should be less than Rs.6 Lakhs.
- Candidates who are admitted and studying for Diploma or Undergraduate Degree Level Courses or Programmes in AICTE approved institutions are only eligible.
- The scholarship is intended for candidates who are admitted in the first year of their Diploma or Degree for the academic year 2016-17.
- The candidate must have a General Saving Account in the bank. “NO FRILL Account” is not acceptable for the AICTE authorities.
- SSC/10th Standard marks sheet.
- HSC/12th Standard marks sheet.
- Annual Family Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority of the State Government and in the recommended State Government format.
- Admission letter to first year Degree or Diploma courses issued by the Centralized Admission Authority for the intellectual year 2016-17.
- Tuition fee payment receipt for the intellectual year 2016-17 with the clearly indicated words “Tuition Fee”.
- Scanned Copy of the first page of Bank Pass Book. Only Saving Bank Account in the student’s name is acceptable The following have to be clearly indicated – Account holder’s Name i.e. candidate with Photograph, Name and Address of the Bank, IFSC Code of the Bank and Saving Bank Account Number of the applicant.
- Certificate Issued by the Director or Principal or HOD.
- Physically Disabled Candidates have to submit certificate according to the State Government Format only if they are having more than 40% disability.
- Acknowledgement by Parents.
- Aadhaar Card (Only If Available).
- Student’s Photograph.
- Student’s Signature.
How to Apply
- Students who are eligible have to apply using only the online mode.
- Other application modes are not available or acceptable.
- Students should apply before the last date to be considered for selection.
- First of all, go to the official website.
- The official website is www.aicte-india.org.
- Click the given link for the annexure formats for income, study, and parent’s declaration – “Instructions to fill Online Application & Important Formats”
- All the important prescribed formats have to be scanned and downloaded which should be filled in forms and documents.
- Applicants have to get the regional language documents translated into English and also get them authenticated by Director or Principal of their institute.
- Click the given link to open the registration/login page -“Online Application for Pragati/Saksham Scholarship 2017-18”
- Login using the registered user id and password and click the ‘Sign In’ button.
- Give full information correctly and fully for the details including the following – personal, family, income, institute, education, bank account.
- The needed scanned documents should be in the prescribed formats according to the respective annexure.
- Then, verify the application for correctness and completion.
- Now, submit it and logout if no further changes are needed.
- Applicants are allowed to make modification only once by logging back in and clicking the ‘Reopen Application’ button.
- The candidates have to revisit the online resources and official website for further information and future updates.
Note: This webpage is dedicated to Pragati Scholarship.To get more information and latest details of this you can bookmark this page.