Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A):- Department of Science & Technology has been launched online project submission for women scheme-A (WOS-A). The objective of the scheme is to provide opportunities to a women scientist and technology for pursuing the research in the frontier area. There is some special provision has been made under this scheme to encourage those women scientist who has had breaks in their careers. The WOS-A online portal also provides Guidelines for the submission and project implementation along with various formats required while implementing project e.g. annual progress report, project completion report, utilization certificate, statement of expenditure etc. Therefore Department of Science & Technology provides an online portal for WOS-A, this online portal may highly useful; and convenient to apply for WOS-A scheme.
Scientific Disciplines: – (1) Physical and Mathematical Sciences [PMS]
(2) Chemical Sciences [CS]
(3) Life Sciences [LS]
(4) Earth and Atmospheric Sciences [EAS]
(5) Engineering & Technology [ET]
Awards and Grants
This scheme will provide a research grant with an upper limit of:-
- 30 lakhs for Ph.D. or equivalent
- 25 lakh for M.tech or for M.Pharm or equipment
- 20 lakh for M.Sc. or equivalent
This awards and grants are offered for a well- defined R&D project proposal for a period of three years. This grant will also include the fellowship of the applicants along with the cost of small, equipment, travel, contingencies, consumables and more.
Details of application submission
- Throughout the year applicant form can be submitted. This scheme is applicable throughout the year.
- The first requirement is applicants already in employment need not apply.
- Education Criteria: – This scheme is eligible only for Women scientist who have minimum Post Graduate degree, equivalent to MSc in Basic or Applied Sciences, BTech in Engineering Sciences and MBBS and some other equipment professional qualification, are eligible for this scheme. The maximum age limit for this category is 35 years at the time of submission of the application. The grant offered for this scheme candidates is Rs. 10,000/- PM.
- For those Women scientists who are having a Ph.D. in Basic or Applied Sciences, M.Tech. In Engineering Sciences and MD/MS, DM/MCH in Medical Sciences from recognized Universities 2 can apply up to the age of 50 years. The grant and fellowship amount for this scheme are Rs. 15,000/ PM
- There is some 5 year age relaxation available for SC/ST/OBC and physically challenged category. In the regard of age, relaxation candidates must need to submit some attested copies.
Procedure of application
- Neatly typed application (in single space and on both sides of the paper) should be submitted in the enclosed format (along with 5 copies) at the address given below.
- The proposal should be prepared with care, should be concise and focused.
- After all, this sends the application below given address:-
Dr. H B Singh
Officer-in-Charge Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-‘A’)
Department of Science & Technology
New Delhi – 110 016
E-mail Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: – This web page is totally dedicated to the Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A). You can bookmark this webpage to get more information related to the Women Scientists Scheme (WOS-A).